This wet rub is my all time favorite and is sure to become yours. It’s great on anything from large pork roasts, to ribs, chops, and tenderloin. Whether you’re grilling, smoking, baking, or cooking on a stove top, this rub will do the trick.
All Time Best Pork Rub
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2-3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and mix through. If mixture is too dry, add the third tablespoon. Add garlic and grated ginger and stir through until well combined.
- Apply rub all over pork cut of choice. If you are working with a large roast, double the rub recipe. Cook as directed.
- Make mixture ahead of time and place into an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks after preparation. Discard any remaining rub that has come into contact with raw meat.
Looking for more ideas? See my list of the best BBQ Pork Rib Rubs.