All Time Best Pork Rub
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2-3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons granulated onion
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and mix through. If mixture is too dry, add the third tablespoon. Add garlic and grated ginger and stir through until well combined.
- Apply rub all over pork cut of choice. If you are working with a large roast, double the rub recipe. Cook as directed.
- Make mixture ahead of time and place into an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks after preparation. Discard any remaining rub that has come into contact with raw meat.
Apply your spice rubs like a professional with a spice shaker (aka Dredge). This one from Winware has a heavy build, is machine washable, and holds plenty of spice rub. Plus it costs about $7. Just make sure you don't use this to store your rubs. It isn't airtight.