All Time Best Pork Rub
- 2 tablespoons paprika not smoked
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Brush your pork roasts, ribs or chops with a little vegetable oil or yellow mustard. This will help the seasoning stick better.
- Apply rub onto the meat. If you are working with a large roast, double the rub recipe. Cook as directed.
- Make mixture ahead of time and place into an airtight container. Store in a cupboard for up to 1 year. Discard any rub that has come into contact with raw meat.
Apply your spice rubs like a professional with a spice shaker (aka Dredge). This one from Winware has a heavy build, is machine washable, and holds plenty of spice rub. Plus it costs about $7. Just make sure you don't use this to store your rubs. It isn't airtight.