Avocado-Red Pepper Chicken Burgers
These avocado red pepper chicken burgers are chock full of deliciousness. Enjoy these grilled burgers in a fresh toasted bun or in a lettuce wrap for a healthier alternative. Photo by: Sabrina BakshPrint Pin
Servings: 6 People
- 1 pound chicken thighs ground
- 1 pound chicken breast ground
- 6 hamburger buns or lettuce leaves
- 1 avocado large sized, pitted, scooped and mashed
- 3 strips roasted red pepper in jar, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped (can substitute with parsley)
- 2 green onions finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice fresh preferred
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat grill for medium high heat. Once grill comes up to temperature, oil grill grates well using a large pair of tongs, folded paper towel and oil. Make at least 4 passes to create a non stick surface.
- Combine chicken with avocado, roasted peppers, cilantro (or parsley), green onion, garlic, lime juice, salt, and black pepper. Form into 6 equal sized patties and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush both sides of burger with oil and place onto grill.
- Grill patties, 5-6 minutes per side, turn and cook for another 6-7 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove from grill and place into burger buns. Top with you favorite condiments.
Calories: 429kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 122mg | Sodium: 759mg | Potassium: 676mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 221IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 3mg