Avocado-Red Pepper Chicken Burgers
These chicken burgers are chock full of deliciousness with avocado and red pepper just for starters. Enjoy these grilled burgers in a fresh toasted bun or in a lettuce wrap for a healthier alternative. Either way, they are fantastic.Photo by: Sabrina Baksh
- 1 pound ground chicken dark meat
- 1 pound ground chicken breast meat
- 6 hamburger buns or large lettuce leaves (lettuce wrapped burger option)
- 1 large avocado, pitted, scooped and mashed
- 2-3 roasted red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or flat leaf parsley
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- olive oil
- Preheat grill for medium high heat. Once grill comes up to temperature, oil grill grates well using a large pair of tongs, folded paper towel and oil. Make at least 4 passes to create a non stick surface.
- Combine chicken with avocado, roasted peppers, cilantro (or parsley), green onion, garlic, lime juice, salt, and black pepper. Form into 6 equal sized patties and place onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Brush both sides of burger with oil and place onto grill.
- Grill patties, 5-6 minutes per side, turn and cook for another 6-7 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove from grill and place into burger buns. Top with you favorite condiments.