Bacon and Cheddar Hash Brown Casserole
This is one tasty comfort food casserole. This dish can be served any time of the year and for any occasion. This is hands down one of my favorites and I guarantee that you will love it too.
- 1 1/2 bags hash brown potatoes
- 1 can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream (full fat recommended)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4-5 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- pinch of black pepper
- for crumble:
- 2 1/4 cups crushed corn flakes cereal
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven for 350 degrees F.
- Combine crumble ingredients and set aside. Make sure not to over crush the corn flakes. They should have some shape and crunch to them.
- In a large bowl, combine hash brown potatoes with remaining ingredients. Spoon into a large casserole or glass baking dish and top with corn flake crumble. Spread out evenly.
- Place casserole in oven and bake for 50-60 minutes or until hash browns are cooked through and the crumble is crisp and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5-7 minutes before serving.
- Save leftovers in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 3 days after preparation.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh