One of the easiest ways to add extra flavor to steaks, chops, prime rib, or vegetables is to use compound butter. This easy whipped bacon butter is simply applied to the main course or side dish of your choice. Decadent and creamy, this will quickly become one of your favorite condiments.
Servings: 1 cups
- 1 cup softened unsalted butter
- 3-4 strips cooked bacon, finely chopped or crumbled
- 2 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Place softened butter and remaining ingredients into a food processor. Pulse 6-8 times, until well combined. Scoop out into a serving bowl and use immediately.
- To serve cold, spoon butter mixture out onto a large piece of plastic wrap. Using plastic as a guide, roll into a evenly shaped log. Twist ends of plastic and fold under. Place into refrigerator for 2-3 hours before using. To use, cut away the desired amount and add to your favorite foods.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 1 weeks after preparation.
Image by: Pexels/Pixabay