Bacon Lovers Potato Salad
Picture a loaded baked potato, Now picture it in potato salad form. This is exactly what you'll get with this recipe. In my opinion, one of the best potato salads I've ever eaten.
- 9-10 medium yellow potatoes (Yukon gold preferred)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- for dressing:
- 1 1/4 cup Lighthouse blue cheese dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 6-7 strips cooked bacon, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 4-5 boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt (add more if needed)
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Peel and chop potatoes into quarters. Boil potatoes in enough water to cover them by 1 inch and 1 tablespoon of salt. Cook for 18-22 minutes, or until tender. You should be able to pierce them easily with a knife.
- Drain potatoes and place into a bowl with ice water. Let stand for 15 minutes. Add more ice if needed. This step with stop the cooking process.
- Meanwhile, combine dressing ingredients in a large bowl, reserving a little bacon and green onion for garnish.
- Drain potatoes and cut into smaller pieces. Add to bowl with dressing and toss gently to coat. Taste for salt content and adjust accordingly. Spoon into serving dish and garnish with reserved onion and bacon. Cover and place into the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. Keep salad cold during serving by placing serving dish into a container with ice.
- Store leftovers in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 3 days after preparation. Discard after this time.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh