Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Kebabs
If you're not a fan of vegetables, then this a great way to dress them up. Personally, I like grilled vegetables, but wrapping them in bacon just makes it all the better. Serve these kebabs up with ranch or blue cheese dressing, or simply enjoy them on their own. Great as an appetizer or side dish.
Servings: 6 People
- 12-15 asparagus spears, cut into thirds (large asparagus)
- 10-12 slices uncooked bacon, cut into thirds
- 8-10 skewers (recommend metal but, you can use bamboo)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 30-60 minutes before using.
- Wash and blot dry asparagus spears. Cut off the bottom 2 inches and discard. Cut into thirds. Make sure the pieces are of equal size.
- Combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, and black pepper in a large bowl. Toss asparagus pieces to coat. Set aside. Cut bacon slices into thirds
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Wrap each piece of asparagus with a piece of bacon and slide onto skewer. About 4 to 5 per skewer.
- Place onto grill and cook for 10 minutes, turning a few times during the cooking process. Watch for flare-ups and adjust heat accordingly.
- Once bacon has cooked through and has a nice brown color, remove kebabs from heat and place onto a serving platter. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or by themselves.
- Store leftover kebabs in an air tight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days after preparation.
Love Kebabs? Want more great Kebab Recipes?
Take a look at Kebabs: 75 Recipes for Grilling