Bacon Wrapped Corn on Skewers
This is an easy recipe for preparing bacon wrapped corn on the grill. By cutting them in half and using a skewer, it makes it easier to move them around the grill and also to eat. Make sure not to buy a thick cut bacon, but one that is more pliable.
Servings: 8 People
- 8 ears of corn, shucked and cut in half
- 2 pounds bacon
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 16 bamboo skewers
- 16-32 toothpicks
- Aluminum foil
- Soak skewers and toothpicks in tepid water for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill for medium high heat
- Shuck corn and cut each ear in half. Cut away the edges to make corn pieces more uniform.
- Place one piece of corn onto one skewer; about halfway through. If skewers are too long, cut away or break off a few inches from the bottom.
- Take a strip of bacon out and do an initial measurement. Wrap it around the cob with about 1 1/2 inches to spare. The bacon will shrink as it cooks, so make allowances for this. Now, take 3 slices or so, cut to the right measurement. Lay them flat and season with some chili powder and black pepper. Begin rolling cobs and secure with 1-2 toothpicks. Cut away and straggling edges Continue doing this for the remaining cobs.
- Place bacon wrapped corn skewers on grill and set strips of aluminum foil under exposed skewer portion. This will prevent them for burning up too quickly. Cook corn for 15-17 minutes total, rotating every 4 minutes or so. Watch for flare-ups and adjust heat accordingly.
- Once the bacon has cooked through and is nice and brown, remove from grill and place onto a large platter or cookie sheet. Let stand a few minutes and serve.