These Bacon Wrapped Green Beans bundles are simple to make and easier to grill than you’d think. Make sure that the beans are all equal in length and to purchase a thinner variety of bacon. This makes a fantastic side dish, and let’s be honest, bacon just makes everything better.
Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- 40-48 fresh green beans the same length
- 8-10 slices of bacon
- Wash and blot dry green beans. Make sure all moisture is gone from the surface. Remove stems and separate into groups of 5-6 green beans per bundle.
- Wrap each bundle with a slice of bacon making sure the seam is underneath. Use a toothpick to secure if the bacon is giving you trouble. Be gentle or the bacon will tear and the bundles will fall apart on the grill.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Place bundles seam side down onto the grill grates (you can also use a large cast-iron griddle for the job, but cooking directly on the grates works well). Cook for 3-4 minutes. Gently turn bundles and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until the bacon has cooked through.
- If flare-ups occur, either reduce temperature (on a gas unit) or move to a cooler part of the grill and finish cooking over indirect heat.
- Once cooked through, remove bundles from the grill and serve immediately.