Balsamic Chicken Marinade
This balsamic marinade is a great way to brighten up grilled or baked chicken breasts. Of course, you can apply this to any cut of chicken. Just make sure to double the recipe if you’re planning to marinate a whole chicken.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of pepper flakes optional
- In a kitchen blender or single-serve blender, combine all ingredients except, rosemary and pepper flakes.
- Pour mixture out into a bowl and stir in rosemary, and pepper flakes. Taste marinade and adjust ingredients as needed. Let the mixture sit at room temperature for 5 minutes. Stir before using.
- Place 4 medium skinless chicken breasts into a resealable plastic bag, pour marinade over top, making sure all meat surfaces are well coated. Seal bag and place into the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Marinade legs and thighs for 3-4 hours, and a whole chicken for 6 hours. Double recipe as needed.
- The marinade can be made ahead of time and stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up 3-4 days.
Photo by: Image by congerdesign from Pixabay