BBQ Spiced Roasted Potatoes
This is a great way to liven up roasted potatoes. The BBQ rub takes these potatoes to a whole new level. This dish works best served with a neutral main course. So fish, chicken, pork tenderloin, or meat substitutes are well suited. While these BBQ spiced roasted potatoes are meant to bake in the oven, you can certainly adapt this recipe for your grill or smoker. Simply follow your manufacturer’s recommendations for cook times and methods.
- 5 medium russet potatoes peeled and cut into 1 1/4 inch chunks
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil use 2 Tbsp, and increase to 3 Tbsp if needed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives garnish
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Peel and wash potatoes. Blot dry with paper towels and cut into bite sized chunks.
- Combine rub ingredients and set aside.
- Place chopped potatoes into a large bowl. Add spice rub, olive oil, and fresh lemon juice. Gently toss to coat, until all of the potatoes are well seasoned.
- Arrange potatoes onto the baking sheet, and place in the oven. Cook for 35 minutes, flipping them over halfway through cook time. Potatoes are done when they are tender and have a nice golden crust.
- To serve: Let cooked potatoes rest for 5 minutes. Add chopped chives on top right before serving.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh