This perfectly balanced beef rib marinade will help keep your beef ribs tender and flavorful while on the grill or even in a smoker. Consider using this mixture on other cuts of beef such as flat-iron, flank steaks, or skirt steaks. See instructions for marinating times.
Beef Rib Marinade
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of honey or agave
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper use less if desired
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small glass bowl. Let stand for 2-3 minutes, and then give it a good stir before using. This will ensure that the salt has dissolved.
- Marinate steaks for 4-6 hours
- Short ribs or beef finger ribs: 6-8 hours
- Larger beef rib cuts: 8-12 hours
- If making marinade ahead of time, store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days after initial preparation.