- Four 18,000 BTU stainless steel burners
- 620 square inches primary grilling space
- 72,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Stainless steel construction
- Stainless steel rod cooking grates with a stainless steel griddle section
- Piezoelectric single spark ignition
- Double layer hood with glass window
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Sold as propane - convertible to natural gas
- Model number 12840S-NG
- Made in China by Beefeater Grills and sold through specialty retailers
Full Review - Beefeater Signature Premium 4-Burner Built-in Gas Grill
Beefeater started out as one of the original manufacturers of grill in Australia. Australian style grills are built for power. The burners are close to the food and they are particularly good at direct, intense heat. Beefeater still works for this goal and this Signature Premium 4-Burner has all that. This is a large and powerful gas grill insert and at around $2,000USD it doesn’t jump out versus a lot of the lower quality competition. That is too bad. These are great grills, but tend to be hard to find.
While customizable, the standard configuration of this gas grill included four 18,000 BTU cast iron burners under 620 square inches of heavy stainless steel cooking grates (one section is typically a solid griddle). This is a lot of power. But that heat close to the cooking surface, as is the style with Australian grills, and make that cooking surface heavy and this is a grill that can put a lot of heat on foods.
Open grilling is big in Australia. In fact, lids are kind of a new thing and this grill has a completely removable lid so it can be an open grill approached from any side. The lid has a large window built into it, so you can watch for flare-ups (sometimes an issue) without lifting the lid. The construction quality of this grill is high, making it a great choice if you can track it down. In my opinion, Beefeater grills deserve a lot more attention than they get.
This model gas grill is also sold as a freestanding unit. As an addition to an inexpensive grill island, it is a very good choice.