Beer and Balsamic Barbecue Sauce
This beer and balsamic vinegar sauce has a nice deep richness perfect for grilled or smoked chicken and beef.
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 2/3 cup dark beer
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- cloves dash of ground (optional)
- Bring all ingredients in a large saucepan to almost a boil, reduce heat to low and allow sauce to simmer for 8-10 minutes. Make sure to stir occasionally.
- Once sauce has slightly thickened, remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature before using. If making ahead of time, after cooling to room temperature, place into a air tight container and place into refrigerator for up to 7 days.