Beer and Balsamic Barbecue Sauce
This beer and balsamic vinegar sauce has a nice deep richness perfect for grilled or smoked chicken and beef. I recommend using a dark beer like stout, but you can certainly replace this ingredients with a pale ale, or for a non-alcoholic option, use brewed coffee, or cola. The latter will make this sauce sweeter.Print Pin
- 1 1/4 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup dark beer
- 1/2 cup brown sugar add more if you'd like it sweeter
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- few pinches of ground cloves
- In a medium saucepan, bring all of the listed ingredients to a high simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer sauce for 8-10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Once sauce has slightly thickened, remove from heat and cool to room temperature before using. If making ahead of time, after cooling to room temperature, place into an air tight container and place into refrigerator for up to 7 days. You can freeze this sauce for up to 3 months.
Photo by: bit245/Depositphotos