Beer and Honey Barbecue Sauce
Beer adds a nice depth to just about any sauce, marinade, or baste. This sauce is fantastic on chicken and lamb, but also great on ribs. So slather this one on at your next cookout.
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 small onion minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- An hour before making the sauce, open the can of beer and pour it into a measuring cup or bowl Let it stand until bubbles has dissapated.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and saute onion over medium heat until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients and let sauce simmer on medium low for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Watch for burning and reduce heat to low if needed.
- Remove sauce from heat and let cool for 5-7 minutes. Place into a blender or food processor and puree mixture. Use to baste meats.
- Store sauce in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 1 week after preparation. Reheat before using.