Best Brisket Injection
Some people don’t bother injecting briskets. This is a mistake. A good meat injection imparts flavor and liquid into your brisket before it hits the grill. This is my best brisket injection, and I combine a little sweet and some savory to bring out the beefiness of the brisket.
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon whiskey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar optional
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and let the mixture stand for 10 minutes before using it. This will ensure that the salt and sugar have dissolved properly.
- To inject your brisket, lay it out flat. Looking down on the meat, inject into the center of the meat every two inches, working from one end to the other. Squeeze in the injector slowly and move to a new location when the liquid starts to leak out a little. Work your way through the entire brisket getting a small amount of the solution into as many places as possible.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh
Calories: 101kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 4gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 2482mgPotassium: 248mgFiber: 1gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 13IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 41mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Looking for a simple, yet great way to make smoked brisket? Try my method How to Make Barbecue Brisket.