Best Brisket Injection
Some people don’t bother injecting briskets. This is probably a mistake. A good meat infection puts flavor and liquid into your brisket before it hits the grill. It amps up the flavor. This is my best brisket injection and it combines sweet and savory to make the most of the beefy flavor of brisket.
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon whiskey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar optional
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and let the mixture stand for 10 minutes before using it. This will ensure that the salt and sugar have dissolved properly.
- To inject your brisket, lay it out flat. Looking down on the meat, inject into the center of the meat every two inches, working from one end to the other. Squeeze in the injector slowly and move to a new location when the liquid starts to leak out a little. Work your way through the entire brisket getting a small amount of the solution into as many places as possible.