Traditional pulled pork is served with the sauce on the side. This Best Odds Pulled Pork Finishing Sauce contains the classic combination of tart cider vinegar and sweet brown sugar. Add in some tomato for a rich color and cayenne for heat. Put this sauce on the table next time you make barbecue pulled pork.
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne use less if preferred
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer over medium heat, stirring often until sugar dissolves. about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat, and serve warm. If making ahead of time, store in an air tight plastic or glass container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. You can also store in the freezer for 2-3 months.
- Add a tablespoon or two to your pulled pork sandwiches. Some people love their pulled pork saturated in this sauce, so use it to suit your tastes.