This basic but traditional pulled pork rub that will provide you with the best odds of making a fantastic barbecue pulled pork. It may look like it contains a lot of black pepper but trust me, that flavor will mellow quite a bit during the smoking process.
Best Odds Pulled Pork Rub
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup paprika not smoked paprika
- 2 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne use less if preferred
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Work the mixture into the meat about an hour before it goes on the smoker. Discard any remaining rub that has come into contact with raw meat.
- Double or triple this recipe and store in an airtight container in the cupboard for up to 1 year. Take out only the amount you'll need at a time and use on pork roasts.
Not the Pulled Pork Rub you were looking for? Try looking at my list of the Best Pulled Pork Rub Recipes!