This amazing vinegar based sauce is added to pork after it has been smoked and pulled. It is meant to keep the meat moist and flavorful. This sauce is basically made by combining apple cider vinegar, water and 3 tablespoons of the Best Odds Pulled Pork Rub.
Best Odds Pulled Pork Sauce
- 1 1/3 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons Best Odds Pulled Pork Rub
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika not smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne use less if desired
- Combine hot water and brown sugar and stir until sugar has dissolved. Add remaining ingredients and let the sauce sit for 1-2 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Slowly add the mixture to pulled pork. Use tongs to gently fold meat together with the sauce. Use enough sauce to create a nice coating and little moisture. Some opt for a saucier pulled pork, while others like it less pronounced. The choice is yours.
- Make sauce ahead of time and store in air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Bring sauce to room temperature before using.