This amazing vinegar based sauce is added to pork after it has been smoked and pulled. It is meant to keep the meat moist and flavorful. This sauce is basically made by combining apple cider vinegar, water and 3 tablespoons of the Best Odds Pulled Pork Rub.
Best Odds Pulled Pork Sauce
- 1 1/3 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons Best Odds Pulled Pork Rub
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika not smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne use less if desired
- Combine hot water and brown sugar and stir until dissolved. Combine with remaining ingredients and let the sauce sit for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Slowly add the mixture to pulled pork. Use tongs to gently fold meat together with the sauce. Use enough sauce to create a nice coating and little moisture. Some opt for a saucier pulled pork, while others like it a little less pronounced. The choice is yours.