Better Barbecue Chicken Sauce
Simply delicious, this barbecue chicken sauce is easy to make and packed with flavor. Reminiscent of the barbecue sauces of our youth, this sauce brings forth nostalgic memories of childhood cookouts and summer evenings. Try this sauce the next time you grill chicken and be pleasantly surprised.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper omit if preferred
- Combine all ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium heat for 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat and cool for 20-30 minutes before using.
- If making sauce ahead of time, store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days after preparation. Bring to room temperature before basting chicken. This can be achieved by microwaving the sauce for 45-60 seconds in the microwave (depending on its power output, the sauce might need an additional 30 seconds.)
Image by: arinaja/Pixabay
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!