BGDR’s Best Brisket Rub
A simple but potent brisket rub that works like a charm. The different chili powders and dark cocoa powder add a nice earthy depth, and will bring out the natural flavors of the beef. Double the recipe and store for future cooks. This recipe is enough for one large brisket. Photo by Israel Albornoz on Unsplash
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Combine rub ingredients in a small bowl and use immediately on brisket.
- Double or triple recipe and store rub in an airtight container in the cupboard for up to one year after preparation.
- Take out what you need. Discard any leftover rub that has come into contact with raw meat.
- This seasoning can be used on other cuts of beef like roasts, steaks, and ribs.
- Do keep in mind that this rub is on the spicier side, so adjust the ingredients to suit your needs. Substitute with regular paprika or increase the amount of mild chili powder if reducing the cayenne or ancho.
- Substitute unsweetened cocoa powder with instant coffee if needed.