Blue Cheese Prime Rib Butter
This creamy blue cheese butter is the perfect paring for rib roast. You can also use this on steaks and chops. Unlike other compound butters, this one doesn't need to be solid, but is soft and ready to serve as soon as it is made. If you're looking for a simple but flavor packed butter, this one is it!
- 1 cup room temperature unsalted butter (softened not melted)
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine softened butter with 1/4 teaspoon salt, black pepper, garlic, blue cheese, and thyme leaves. Taste for salt content and add the other 1/4 teaspoon if needed.
- To use, simply spoon on your desired amount onto rib roast slices, steaks, or chops. Try on baked potatoes, grilled or steamed vegetables, or fries.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week after preparation.
Photo by: Stu Spivak