Bourbon BBQ Spritz
This is a great bourbon barbecue spritz that will keep low and slow cooked meats from drying out. Use this spritz on brisket, pork roasts, and ribs. The bourbon adds a nice liveliness but will not overpower the flavor of the meat. Please note that we at BGDR, developed this recipe using Four Roses Bourbon Photo by: golubovy/DepositphotosPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 1.25 cups
- 1/2 cup bourbon Four Roses
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup the real stuff
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium saucepan, bring all ingredients to a low simmer until the brown sugar has melted through; 2-3 minutes stirring often. Remove mixture from heat and let the mixture cool for 20 minutes.
- Pour spritz mixture into a clean spray bottle.
- To use: spray meats during the latter stages of the cooking process and right before wrapping meats.
- You can make this spritz up to 5 days ahead of time. Simply bring it to room temperature before using it.
Calories: 513kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 537mg | Potassium: 364mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 71g | Vitamin A: 71IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 1mg