Bourbon BBQ Spritz
This is a great bourbon barbecue spritz that will keep low and slow cooked meats from drying out. Use this spritz on brisket, pork roasts, and ribs. The bourbon adds a nice liveliness but will not overpower the flavor of the meat. Please note that we at BGDR, developed this recipe using Four Roses Bourbon Photo by: golubovy/Depositphotos
- 1/2 cup bourbon Four Roses
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup the real stuff
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium saucepan, bring all ingredients to a low simmer until the brown sugar has melted through; 2-3 minutes stirring often. Remove mixture from heat and let the mixture cool for 20 minutes.
- Pour spritz mixture into a clean spray bottle.
- To use: spray meats during the latter stages of the cooking process and right before wrapping meats.
- You can make this spritz up to 5 days ahead of time. Simply bring it to room temperature before using it.
Calories: 513kcalCarbohydrates: 77gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 537mgPotassium: 364mgFiber: 1gSugar: 71gVitamin A: 71IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 111mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!