Bourbon Steak Marinade
This marinade recipe uses the power of bourbon to tenderize meat and add lots of flavor. While this marinade is meant for steaks, it can be used on roasts as well. Be careful when you first place the marinated meat on the grill. The alcohol will cause a slight flare-up, but will dissipate as the alcohol burns away.
Servings: 1 Cups
- 1 /2 cup soy sauce
- 1 /2 cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Add soy sauce and bourbon to bowl, stir in honey until dissolved. add remaining ingredients and stir well. Let mixture sit for 5-10 minutes before using.
- Marinate steaks 2-6 hours depending on size, cut and thickness of meat. Mixture can be used on larger cuts, like sirloin and tri-tip roasts. Recipe makes enough for 4 medium steaks.
- If making ahead of time, store marinade in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 5 days.