Brisket BBQ Beans
Burnt ends are delicious, barbecue beans are delicious, so why not marry the two? Brisket burnt ends adds a flavorful yet subtle smokiness to the dish. You'll love them so much, you'll find yourself going back for seconds or thirds. This is a fairly straight forward recipe for some of the best beans you'll ever try.
- 2 large cans vegetarian baked beans
- 1 medium sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups prepared barbecue sauce
- 1 good handful of diced burnt ends
- 2/3 cup coke
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2-3 good dashes of Tobasco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil. Add onion and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring often. Season with a little salt. Add jalapenos and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and cook through for 30 seconds, or until it becomes fragrant.
- Add onion mixture to slow cooker. Top with beans, barbecue sauce, burnt ends, coke, Tobasco, and brown sugar. Stir through. Cover slow cooker and set to high for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking for 3-4 hours.
- Remove lid, stir through, and serve.
- Store leftover beans in refrigerator for up to 5 days after initial preparation.
- *Don't have any brisket burnt ends on hand? No problem. You can certainly add pork belly or ham burnt ends to this dish instead.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!