Haven’t used a Brisket Mustard Rub? Well, you’re missing out. The mustard helps the other seasoning to adhere to the surface of the meat while imparting a delicious flavor. As the brisket smokes, the mustard flavor virtually disappears. What will be left behind is all the flavor of the rub and the slightest hint of mustard.
Brisket Mustard Rub
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine the above ingredients in a small bowl. Apply directly to all outer surfaces of brisket and cook directly. For best result, marinate brisket in the refrigerator for 4-8 hours before placing onto the smoker. Discard any leftover rub that has come into contact with raw meat.
- If making ahead of time, store prepared mustard wub in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days after preparation. Do not freeze.
Not the Brisket Rub you are looking for? Try my list of the Best Brisket Rub Recipes.