Brown Sugar and Garlic Turkey Dry Brine
Looking for an alternative to traditional wet brines? Try the Brown Sugar and Garlic Turkey Dry Brine for less mess and less space occupied in your refrigerator. All you need is a big bag to put the turkey in and at least 24 hours before you cook.
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine kosher salt with brown sugar. If you do not have access to kosher salt, you can use 3 tablespoons of table salt instead. Mix in granulated garlic, onion powder, and black pepper to salt and sugar mixture.
- Evenly apply the mixture all over the turkey, making sure to get under the breast skin.
- Secure turkey into a large plastic bag; a large turkey cooking bag should work. Remove as much air as possible before sealing or tying the bag shut.
- Place turkey in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours, turning every 8-12 hours or so.
- Cook as directed.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Looking for a bag big enough for a whole turkey. Try these Brining Bags for Turkey!