Brown Sugar Brisket Rub
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sweet paprika
- 1/3 cup chili powder mild
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (increase or decrease amount to suit your needs)
- Combine the rub ingredients in a bowl making sure to work out any clumps that might form.
- Use immediately or store rub in an airtight container in the cupboard for 3 months. Check on it every so often to make sure that the brown sugar has not hardened or dried out. Give it a good stir and secure the lid.
- To use: Apply a liberal amount all over the brisket. Cook as directed. Discard any rub that has come into contact with raw meat or moisture.
Apply your spice rubs like a professional with a spice shaker (aka Dredge). This one from Winware has a heavy build, is machine washable, and holds plenty of spice rub. Plus it costs about $7. Just make sure you don't use this to store your rubs. It isn't airtight.