This is a quick and easy Brown Sugar Brisket rub that has a sweet and mildly spicy flavor. This recipe is a surefire rub for smoked barbecue brisket. Make sure that the brown sugar is broken up well. No clumps. Then shake it over your brisket. Make sure to get an even coating. I recommend getting this on the meat at least an hour before the brisket hits the smoker. This will allow a slight sugar cure to occur.
Brown Sugar Brisket Rub
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sweet paprika
- 1/3 cup mild chili powder
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (increase or decrease amount to suit your needs)
- Combine the rub ingredients in a bowl making sure to work out any clumps that might form.
- Use immediately or store rub in an airtight container in the cupboard for 3 months. Check on it every so often to make sure that the brown sugar has not hardened or dried out. Give it a good stir and secure the lid.
- To use: Apply a liberal amount all over the brisket. Cook as directed. Discard any rub that has come into contact with raw meat or moisture.
Not the Brisket Rub you are looking for? Try my list of the Best Brisket Rub Recipes.