Butter-Herb Prime Rib Rub
Whether you are grilling, smoking, or baking a prime rib, how you flavor it will ultimately make or break the final product. This butter-herb wet rub can be prepared in a matter of minutes and adds a fantastic flavor to prime rib. Recipe makes enough for a 4-6 bone rib roast.Print Pin
Servings: 1 4-6 bone roast
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons softened unsalted butter (room temperature not melted)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- Grate onion and place into a clean kitchen towel or cheese cloth. Wring out excess moisture and add onion to bowl. Add butter, oil, garlic, salt and black pepper to bowl. Check consistency and add a little more oil if it is too thick. Add herbs and stir through.
- Apply rub mixture evenly all over the rib roast. Cook as directed.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh