Butter-Herb Prime Rib Rub
Whether you are grilling, smoking, or baking a prime rib, how you flavor it will ultimately make or break the final product. This butter-herb wet rub can be prepared in a matter of minutes and adds a fantastic flavor to prime rib. Recipe makes enough for a 4-6 bone rib roast.Print Pin
Servings: 1 4-6 bone roast
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened (not melted)
- 1 small shallot minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (about 6 basil leaves)
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- Combine butter, oil, shallot, garlic, herbs, and black pepper to bowl. It should have a nice soft consistency.
- Please note that this recipe does not contain salt. This way, you can pre-salt the time rib.For a 4-6 bone prime rib, I recommend using 2 tablespoons of salt. Apply the salt evenly to the rib roast. Store on a large platter, uncovered in the refrigerator for 45 minutes up to 12 hours before cooking.
- Remove the roast from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking, apply butter-herb rub evenly to rib roast, and cook as directed.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh