This injection has a great combination of flavors. It starts with the spiciness of Cajun seasonings, the earthiness of beer, and a touch of sweetness from the honey. Keep it slightly warm when injecting so that it will move through the needle easily.
Cajun Beer and Honey Turkey Injection Marinade
- 1 cup dark ale
- 1/2 cup warmed honey
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- Pour out the required amount of beer in a bowl and let sit at room temperature 30-45 minutes.
- Warm honey in the microwave for 25 seconds until thinned a bit. Add to the bowl with beer. Mix well until the honey has dissolved. Add cider vinegar and Cajun seasoning and stir through. Let the mixture stand for a few minutes.
- Using a meat injector, carefully draw marinade into a syringe and release excess air from it. Inject a small bit of marinade into multiple spots in the turkey. Cook bird as directed.
- Remember to discard any remaining marinade that has come into contact with raw meat.
- If making ahead of time, warm in the microwave for 15-25 seconds before using. The honey might re-thicken and this will prevent it from clogging up the needle.
Not the Turkey Injection Marinade you were looking for? Try my list of the Best Turkey Injection Marinades.
Need an Injector for the Honey and White Wine Turkey Injection Marinade?
The Ofargo Marinade Injector is a classic style syringe. The marinade is sucked up through the needle and then pushed back into the meat. The needle on this model is large enough that it shouldn’t clog. Still, make sure that your marinade is near water thin. It is an inexpensive unit that you can purchase for around $10. It is dishwasher safe and durable enough to last for several years. The volume on this injector is small, but it will handle most jobs for a single-family.