This injection has a great combination of flavors. It starts with the spiciness of Cajun seasonings, the earthiness of beer, and a touch of sweetness from the honey. Keep it slightly warm when injecting so that it will move through the needle easily.
Cajun Beer and Honey Turkey Injection Marinade
- 1 cup dark ale
- 1/2 cup warmed honey
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- Pour out the required amount of beer in a bowl and let sit at room temperature 30-45 minutes.
- Warm honey in the microwave for 25 seconds until thinned a bit. Add to the bowl with beer. Mix well until the honey has dissolved. Add cider vinegar and Cajun seasoning and stir through. Let the mixture stand for a few minutes.
- Using a meat injector, carefully draw marinade into a syringe and release excess air from it. Inject a small bit of marinade into multiple spots in the turkey. Cook bird as directed.
- Remember to discard any remaining marinade that has come into contact with raw meat.
- If making ahead of time, warm in the microwave for 15-25 seconds before using. The honey might re-thicken and this will prevent it from clogging up the needle.