This is a fantastic Carolina inspired pulled pork spice rub. It’s quick and easy but packs a punch. Alter the amount of cayenne used in this recipe to suit your needs. Then amp it up for spice lovers and tone it down for others. The choice is yours.
Carolina Pulled Pork Rub
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup fine ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chili powder mild
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and apply to pork roast. Cook as directed.
- This recipe makes enough for 1 large roast. Double or triple this recipe for multiple cooks or a larger cookout. If making ahead of time, store this pulled pork rub in an air tight container in the cupboard for up to 6 months. Rub works great in injection marinades.
Not the Pulled Pork Rub you were looking for? Try looking at my list of the Best Pulled Pork Rub Recipes!