- 1/3 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder mild
- 2 tablespoons salt coarse
- 2 tablespoons cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper freshly ground
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- Mix together ingredients and use immediately. If making ahead of time, simply store in a closed jar or an air tight container in the cupboard for 3-6 months.
- To use: Liberally apply rub onto meat and cook as instructed. Double or triple the recipe ingredients if preparing a large portion of meat or a whole hog.
Apply your spice rubs like a professional with a spice shaker (aka Dredge). This one from Winware has a heavy build, is machine washable, and holds plenty of spice rub. Plus it costs about $7. Just make sure you don't use this to store your rubs. It isn't airtight.