Cast Iron Scallops on the Grill
The best part about these cast iron scallops is that they can be cooked on your grill, oven, or stovetop. These succulent scallops are seared first then bathed in a buttery lemon-pepper sauce. Serve them as an appetizer or main course. Either way, it will be a fancy treat for you and your guests.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 4 people
- 8-10 large sea scallops
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon medium ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ghee or olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of dry pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley garnish
- Preheat grill for high heat. Set the pan on the grill and get it good and hot.
- Add oil and let it heat up.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper and place into the hot pan. Sear each side for 1-2 minutes, or until nice and brown. Remove scallops and place into a clean plate and set aside.
- Add ghee to the pan, along with the garlic. Saute for a few seconds, and add all remaining ingredients except parsley.
- Place scallops back into the pan and cook for an additional minute or two. Baste with sauce and remove from heat. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Photo by: NatashaBreen/Depositphotos