Cedar Wrapped Halibut Kebabs
Halibut is a delicious fish, but like most fish it is prone to breaking on the grill. A cedar wrap helps to contain the fish while on the grill and it imparts a hint of smoky flavor to it as well. These kebabs are hit with a little lemon, garlic, and olive oil, then grilled to perfection. Tender, delicious, these cedar wrapped halibut kebabs are the right choice for any occasion.Print Pin
Servings: 4 People
- 2-2 1/2 pounds halibut fillet cut into 1 1/2" chunks
- 4 cedar wraps with ties
- 4 skewers
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter, melted (you can subsitute with melted unsalted butter instead)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (add more if needed)
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper (adjust to your liking)
- Soak cedar wraps in tepid water for 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Combine oil, clarified butter (ghee), garlic, thyme, lemon juice, salt, and lemon pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cut fish into 1 1/2" chunks. Slice lemons into thin slices; they should fold over easily without breaking. Alternate fish pieces with folded lemon slices. Repeat process for remaining kebabs. Brush each kebab with olive oil-lemon juice mixture.
- Remove cedar wraps from water and blot dry with paper towels. Set one halibut kebab inside of each wrap, fold over and secure with string.
- Place cedar wrapped kebabs onto the grill cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the fish reaches 145 degrees F.
- Remove from grill, unwrap and serve with your favorite sides, or condiments.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh
Calories: 323kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 53g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 139mg | Sodium: 338mg | Potassium: 1245mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 215IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg