- Two equal size cooking chambers, one gas and one charcoal
- Three 13,600 BTU standard burners
- 1248 square inches of total cooking space
- 438 square inches of primary cooking space in each section
- One 12,000 BTU standard side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Porcelain coated cast iron main cooking grates
- Nickel plated steel wire warming racks
- Total weight of 158 pounds
- Propane tank and cover sold separately
- Made in China by A & J Manufacturing
Full Review - Char-Griller Double Play Combo Gas/Charcoal Grill
Combination grills are a mainstay of big box stores. They love them and these grills do sell. Many people seem to think that a grill like this is the answer to all their needs. You have the convenience of gas on one side and the flavor and experience of charcoal on the other. The truth is, you have five and a half feet of either or. Most people will fire up the gas on this grill 90% of the time. It really isn't as great a solution as it appears to be.
Ultimately, this is two grills mounted on a single cart and selling for $350USD. The gas side is the Char-Griller 3-Burner which normally retails for $250. The charcoal side is the Char-Griller Wrangler which can be found for around $110. So if you bought these grills separately it would cost you nearly the same. Why would you want to do this? So you can replace them individually as they rust and fail.