Chili and Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce
This Southwestern inspired chili and brown sugar barbecue sauce is great on beef, chicken, pork, and some meat substitutes. Use it as a basting sauce while grilling, or simply serve on the side. The lime juice, chili powder, and cumin blend beautifully with the tomato, while the sweetness of the brown sugar creates a mouthwatering taste experience. Give this sauce a try at your next cookout.Print Pin
Servings: 2 Cups
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Heinz chili sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Simmer over for 8-10 minutes over medium low heat, stirring often. Turn the heat to low if necessary.
- Once ingredients have blended well and brown sugar has dissolved, remove pan from heat and cool for 5 minutes before using.
- If making ahead of time, place sauce into a well sealed jar or air tight container and store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Reheat sauce before using.
Photo by: resnick_joshua1/Depositphotos