Chive and Cheddar Corn Pudding
Corn pudding is a traditional Southern side dish frequently served with barbecued meats. A quite flavorful and versatile dish.
- 1 14-15 ounce can creamed corn
- 1 12-15 ounce can sweet corn
- 1 1/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- few dashes of ground allspice
- 1-2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 9 casserole pan with vegetable oil. Combine corn pudding ingredients in large bowl and pour into casserole dish. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until nicely browned around the edges.
- To test for doneness, simply place a toothpick through center of pudding and if it comes out clean, the dish is done. If not, return to the oven and cook for an additional 7-10 minutes and re-test.
- Once cooked through, remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.