Chuck Roast on a Pellet Smoker
- Pellet Grill
- 1 chuck roast about 3 to 4 pounds
- 1 cup beef broth
- Aluminum foil
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon granulated onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- Preheat pellet grill to 250 degrees F.
- Combine rub ingredients and apply evenly to the entire surface of the chuck roast.
- Place roast on cooking grate and cook for 3 to 4 hours or until the meat reached an internal temperature of 160 to 165 degrees F.
- Wrap the roast in aluminum foil, adding 1/2 cup of beef broth heated to near boiling. Place the roast back on the pellet grill and increase the temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Continue cooking until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 200 degrees F., about 2 to 3 more hours depending on your grill. Remove from heat and set aside to rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Unwrap and shred beef, removing any bits of fat or connective tissue. Keep warm in a pot with remaining 1/2 cup beef broth. Serve and enjoy.
Need a Pellet Grill?
If you want to make the best pellet grill burger, you are going to need a pellet grill. Chances are if you are looking at this recipe, you already have one, but in case you don't, you might want to check out my list of the best pellet grills on the market. I have broken them down by price, so you can find something that fits your wallet. There are more than a hundred models out there these days, so I thought you might appreciate a little help in your search.
Check out my lists of the Best Pellet Grills