Chuck roast is one of my favorite cuts of beef on the smoker. Absolutely rich and delicious. Shred and serve this Chuck Roast on a Pellet Smoker as is or in sandwiches. Dang, it’s delicious!
Chuck Roast on a Pellet Smoker
- Pellet Grill
- 1 chuck roast about 3 to 4 pounds
- 1 cup beef broth
- Aluminum foil
- 2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Umami powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- Preheat pellet grill to 250 degrees F.
- Combine rub ingredients and apply evenly to the entire surface of the chuck roast.
- Place roast on cooking grate and cook for 3 to 4 hours or until the meat reached an internal temperature of 160 to 165 degrees F.
- Wrap the roast in aluminum foil, adding 1/2 cup of beef broth heated to near boiling. Place the roast back on the pellet grill and increase the temperature to 300 degrees F.
- Continue cooking until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 200 degrees F., about 2 to 3 hours depending on your grill. Set aside to rest for ten minutes.
- Unwrap and shred beef, removing any bits of fat or connective tissue. Keep warm in a pot with remaining beef broth. Serve and enjoy.
- Pellet suggestion: Oak or Hickory
- Photo: Sabrina Baksh
You can buy Umami Powder online.