Citrus-Herb Turkey Dry Brine
Add a bright, citrus flavor with this Citrus-Herb Turkey Dry Brine. You won’t have to measure out gallons of water, but you still get the benefits of brining. This recipe is easy to make, and even easier to use!Print Pin Rate
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Combine orange zest with kosher salt and brown sugar. Add in remaining ingredients and stir through.
- Apply dry brine all over the turkey. Make sure to get under the skin of the breast as well.
- Place the turkey into a large plastic cooking bag and remove excess air. Secure the bag and place into the refrigerator for 24 hours or more. Turn every 12 hours.
- Remove turkey from bag, rinse thoroughly, and cook as directed.
Photo by: Sabrina Baksh
Looking for a bag big enough for a whole turkey. Try these Brining Bags for Turkey!