Citrus-Herb Turkey Dry Brine
Add that bright, fruity flavor with this Citrus-Herb Turkey Dry Brine. You won’t have to measure out gallons of water, but you still get the benefits of brining. This recipe is easy to make, just do it a good day before you plan to start cooking.
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Combine orange zest with kosher salt and brown sugar. Add in remaining ingredients and stir through.
- Apply dry brine all over the turkey. Make sure to get under the skin of the breast as well.
- Place the turkey into a large plastic cooking bag and remove excess air. Secure the bag and place it into the refrigerator for 24 hours or more. Turn every 12 hours.
- Remove turkey from bag, rinse thoroughly, and cook as directed.
Photo credit Sabrina Baksh
Looking for a bag big enough for a whole turkey. Try these Brining Bags for Turkey!