Citrus-Rosemary Turkey Rub
This wet citrus rosemary turkey rub offers a bright and fresh flavor to turkey. Omit the salt if you are bringing the bird first. The beauty of this rub is that it works with any cooking method from grilling, smoking, rotisserie, to baking in the oven.Photo by: Sabrina Baksh
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened, not melted
- zest of 2 lemons
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium shallot minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- As mentioned above, if you plan on brining the turkey, omit the salt from this recipe.
- Combine softened unsalted butter with lemon juice and lemon zest. Add remaining ingredients and mix through.
- Apply the mixture all over the turkey, making sure to get it under the breast skin and inside the cavity. Cook as directed.
- Discard any wet rub that has come into contact with raw meat.
Calories: 428kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 1gFat: 46gSaturated Fat: 29gTrans Fat: 2gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 5241mgPotassium: 110mgFiber: 2gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 1781IUVitamin C: 14mgCalcium: 67mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!