Citrus-Thyme Dry Brine for Turkey
This is an incredibly simple but highly effective dry brine for your holiday turkey. It will impart a nice subtle citrus-herb flavor and help keep the turkey meat nice and tender. If you haven’t brined a turkey before, you’re in for a treat. Make sure to get your hands on some extra large resealable bags for convenient storage. You will find them in the baking section of any major grocery store.Print Pin Rate
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered cloves
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl.
- Apply dry brine all over the turkey, making sure to get some of it under the breast skin.
- Place the seasoned turkey into a large resealable plastic bag, seal, and place into the refrigerator for 36 hours, turning over every 12 hours.
- Do not rinse turkey before cooking.
Photo by: Vadim Vasenin/Depositphotos