Why do you want to use a coffee brisket rub? Coffee gives meats a deep, rich flavor. It pulls together everything else in this rub and then builds on the smoke flavor as the brisket cooks. It might sound strange, but this is an excellent rub for beef, particularly brisket. And don’t worry, it won’t taste like coffee.
Coffee Brisket Rub
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika not smoked
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground dark roast coffee
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and apply it to all surfaces of the brisket. Discard any leftover rub that has come into contact with raw meat.
- If making ahead of time, follow the recipe instruction above and store spice rub in an airtight container in the cupboard for up to 6 months.
Not the Brisket Rub you are looking for? Try my list of the Best Brisket Rub Recipes.