- 1008 square inches of total cooking space
- 50 pounds brisket or pork butt, 28 pounds ribs, or 8 whole chicken capacity
- 304 stainless steel dual layer construction with 850 degree F. insulation in between
- 750 watt electric heating element
- Easy access smoker box that typically uses large chuck wood blocks
- Large capacity, removable, external drip pan
- Mounted on 3-inch casters make it relatively easy to move
- Cold smoking available with optional cold smoking baffle
- Made in the United States by Cookshack
Full Review – Cookshack Amerique
The Cookshack Amerique was designed for the person who loves homemade barbecue but doesn't have the time to tend a fire. This computer controlled electric smoker oven allows you to select a smoking temperature, set a desired internal meat temperature and walk away. When the meat reaches its correct temperature the smoker goes into a holding cycle that keeps your barbecue warm but doesn't dry it out.
If you prefer you can select a time period to smoke to and then it will enter the hold cycle. This is the convenience of a modern appliance in an outdoor smoker. Of the electric "refrigerator" style smokers this is probably the best.
One of the great advantages of this unit is that its large capacity can get you smoking 8 whole chickens or one. Since the unit is heavily enclosed you don't need a lot of wood to generate authentic smoke, making this unit very efficient to operate. The complete 304 stainless steel construction and machine washable cooking racks make it easy to clean and maintain. While its $1,700 is steep for a backyard smoker this unit's fantastic construction and efficient design means you get more barbecue for your buck than you would with large, traditional units.
Cookshack has been in business since the early 60's and has a great reputation for standing behind their products. This unit comes with loads of instructions and recipes. The Cookshack website has an active bbq forum and every year they hold a barbecue class so you'll have plenty of opportunity to learn how to use this smoker.
There are several companies making (or importing) similar smokers, but they lack the quality construction and functionality of this Cookshack smoker.