Crab Oscar Topping for Steaks
Sure, a properly grilled rib-eye steak or filet mignon is great on its own. This crab oscar steak topping, however, will just blow your mind. It's perfect for special occasions like anniversaries and Valentine's Day. What an impressive presentation it makes, and it's delicious too!Photo by: Sabrina Baksh/derrick.riches.com
- 1 pound lump crab meat (white)
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1 large celery stalk, finely chopped (omit if preferred)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons real mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 tablespoons creme fraiche (or regular sour cream)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (Tobasco sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, and Dijon mustard in a bowl. Set aside or in the fridge to add later.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter. Add chopped shallots and celery and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium to medium-low heat. Add garlic, cook for another 30 seconds. Add crab, lemon juice, salt, black pepper, hot sauce and stir around until crab becomes good and warm; about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and place mixture into a bowl. Add mayonnaise mixture and stir through. Serve immediately on top of freshly grilled steaks.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 2-3 days after preparation.