Crab Stuffed Mushroom Sliders
What could be better than stuffed mushrooms? How about stuffed mushroom sliders? These portabella caps are stuffed with a creamy crab filling, cooked on the grill and served on slider buns. Make sure to find mushrooms that are just slightly larger than the buns as they tend to shrink during the cooking process. These sliders are great for any occasion, but I highly recommend them for tailgating and Super Bowl gatherings.
Servings: 6 People
- 6-8 medium sized portabella mushrooms
- 6-8 slider buns (pretzel buns recommended)
- 3 cups baby arugula, washed
- olive oil
- For filling:
- 1 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 6 ounce can white lump crab meat
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons pimento pieces, chopped (jar variety)
- 2 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons old bay seasoning
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Clean portabella mushrooms with a clean damp cloth or with damp paper towels. Remove stems and scrape off black gills with a spoon. This part can get a little messy, so do this over the sink. Remember to be gentle of the mushrooms might tear.
- Preheat grill for medium high heat.
- Combine softened cream cheese with mayonnaise and add remaining filling ingredients. Taste for salt content and adjust accordingly. Brush the dome portion of mushroom caps with olive oil. Place about 2 tablespoons of filling inside each cap. Do not overfill.
- Place each stuffed mushroom onto the grill grates, dome side down, stuffed side up. Cook for 7-8 minutes until mushrooms have browned and filling is bubbling.
- Remove from grill. Assemble sliders with some arugula. If you are not a fan of arugula, then use spinach, or some other green. Serve immediately.
- Store leftovers covered tightly in the refrigerator for up to 3 days after preparation.