These homemade meatballs are absolutely delicious. The cranberry-teriyaki sauce provides a little sweet combined with a bit of tartness. This is the perfect appetizer for any cookout or game day get together. Give these delicious gems a try.
- 2 1/2-3 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup corn meal
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- For sauce:
- 1 jar cranberry jam or preserved
- 1 bottle teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup coke
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- for garnish:
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven for 350 degrees F.
- Combine meat with bread crumbs, corn meal, egg, milk, green onion (reserve about 2 tablespoons for garnish), Worcestershire sauce, salt, ginger, and black pepper. Form into 1 1/2 inch meatballs. Place onto a large lined cookie sheet (you might need two) and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until they reach and internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- While meatballs are cooking, combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Let sauce simmer over medium heat until well combined and melted through. About 2-3 minutes.
- Set slow cooker for high heat.
- Remove meatballs from oven and spoon into slow cooker. Pour sauce over top and gently combine with meatballs. Secure lid, turn dial to low and let meatballs heat through for 3-4 hours before serving.
- Open slow cooker, stir, top with reserved green onion and sesame seeds, and serve.
- Store leftovers in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days after initial preparation.
Photo by Sabrina Baksh