- Three 25,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 638 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 879 square inches
- 75,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 14,000 BTU rear-mounted infrared rotisserie burner
- Full rotisserie system included
- Complete welded 304 stainless steel construction
- Cast Stainless steel cooking grates
- Electronic continuous spark ignition
- Two interior mounted halogen lights
- Ceramic/cast stainless barrier
- Sold as propane or natural gas – convertible
- Made in the United States by Fisher & Paykel Appliances Limited
Full Review – DCS Series 9 Evolution 36-Inch Built-in Gas Grill
- Cast Stainless Cooking Grates
- Superior Ceramic Barrier
- Quality Construction
- Comparatively Affordable
- High Heat Output
- External Rotisserie Motor
- Primitive Burners
DCS, or Dynamic Cooking Systems, invented the modern high-end gas grill as we know it today. The attention to detail and the nearly endless versatility are what make this one of the best built-in gas grills you can buy. It is also pretty to look at. DCS is one of the biggest companies in the industry and they are not going anywhere. You can buy the DCS Evolution 36-inch Built-in Gas Grill with confidence.
This model comes with three 25,000 maximum BTU burners under 638 square inches of cooking space. Between the burners and the cooking grates is a layer of ceramic briquettes that channel drippings away and burn off what remains. The cooking grates on this grill are heavy cast stainless steel. They are also reversible. DCS is known for these cooking grates. In their normal position, they channel grease away from the cooking chamber because they are mounted at a slight angle. This does mean that a hot dog will roll off the grill if you are not careful, but you also don’t get many flare-ups. That is impressive considering the amount of heat that this gas grill can throw out.
Add in a full rotisserie system, including a 14,000 BTU rear-mounted rotisserie burner. The rotisserie rod and motor can hold and spin up to 50 pounds. That’s the equivalent of two very large turkeys. It also comes with a cast iron charcoal basket so you can smoke or charcoal grill in this unit as well. For a built-in gas grill, there really isn’t much this unit won’t do.
This is an expensive gas grill insert, but it has superior engineering and craftsmanship. While there is a lot of competition, you really can’t go wrong with a DCS. DCS does make a more affordable line of gas grills. For those, see my Review of the DCS Series 7 Gas Grill