- Three 25,000 BTU stainless steel U-shaped burners
- 638 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 897 square inches
- 75,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 14,000 BTU rear mounted infrared Rotisserie Burner
- 3,500 BTU dedicated smoker burner
- Complete welded 304 stainless steel construction
- Cast stainless steel cooking grates
- Electronic continous spark ignition
- Sold as propane or natural gas - convertible
- Made in the United States by DCS Appliances
Full Review – DCS Traditional 36-Inch Built-in Gas Grill
DCS or Dynamic Cooking Systems didn’t invent the gas grill, but they did more than anyone to get it up to professional respectability and helped create the modern outdoor kitchen market. The DCS 36-Inch Professional is their flagship grill. Loaded with every available feature, masterfully constructed, and well engineered, this is a built-in gas grill that is hard to beat. It might be on the high end of the price range, but this is real professional cooking equipment.
The burners of this grill are not terribly impressive however. Three standard U-type stainless steel tubular burners each pump out as much as 25,000 BTUs. This grill produces a lot of heat for the size, but it is in the engineering of the firebox and everything that goes between the burners and the food that make this unit really impressive. Over the burners sit ceramic rods that hold and radiate heat as well as control flare-ups. The cooking grates are concave cast stainless steel. Drippings drain down the channels of these grates reducing the amount of grease that hits the ceramic rods, minimizing flare-ups and reducing burning. The cooking grates are angled creating the one thing that people point out as a problem with this grill. If you put a hot dog on the cooking grates, it will roll off and fall on the ground.
This grill is completely constructed of high grade, welded stainless steel. It features a full rotisserie system, including a 14,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner. It also comes with a dedicated 3,500 BTU smoker burner and wood chip drawer with front access. The entire grill is covered by one of the best warranties in the industry and support is excellent. DCS is widely distributed and one of the most popular brands in high end gas grills.