Easy Barbecue Chicken Rub
This wet rub is quite simple and straight forward. Use on anything from whole chickens to chicken pieces or chicken breasts. Grill, bake, saute, or broil as directed and you'll have a flavorful main course in no time. Double this recipe based on need.
Servings: 1 cup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Combine garlic with salt in a small bowl until it forms a paste. Slowly add olive oil, then remaining ingredients.
- Rub mixture all over whole chicken (1-2 medium sized chickens) or 4 chicken breasts. Double or triple the recipe is doing a large batch of chicken pieces. Cook as directed.
- Make ahead of time and store tightly covered in refrigerator for up to 3 days after preparation.