Easy Butterscotch Rice Crispy Treats
A delicious and very easy recipe for butterscotch rice crispy treats. Some variation of this dessert will end up at barbecues across the country because they are so easy to make and convenient to eat. They are also kid friendly.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 20 ounces mini marshmallows
- 8 cups crisped rice cereal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butterscotch ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup chopped semi sweet chocolate
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and add marshmallows. Add vanilla, salt, and cereal. Remove from heat and stir to coat.
- Scoop mixture out onto a large parchment lined cookie sheet. Even out the edges and center to form a rectangular shape. Let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Warm butterscotch for 20 seconds in microwave. Drizzle slowly over rice crispies and top with chopped chocolate. Cut into squares and serve.
- Store in an air tight container for up to 5 days after preparation. Store in fridge for longer.
Photo by Sabrina Baksh