Easy Carne Asada
Like the title says, this is a quick and easy method for carne asada. Simply marinate the meat the night before and grill hot and fast. You'll have carne asada tacos, salads, or bowls in no time.
- 2 pounds skirt steaks (the thinner the better)
- for marinade:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 3 limes
- juice of 1 orange
- 2 cloves garlic,minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper flakes omit if preferred
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Place skirt steak in a bag and pour mixture of top. Make sure all of the meat is well coated. Seal bag and place into the refrigerator for 8-12 hours.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Remove steak from bag and cook for 2-3 minutes per side . If steaks are thicker, cook for 3-5 minutes per side.
- Place cooked steaks onto a cutting board and cut into strips. Serve in tacos, salads, and taco bowls.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days after initial preparation.
Photo by Sabrina Baksh