Easy Carne Asada
Like the title says, this is a quick and easy method for carne asada. Simply marinate the meat the night before and grill hot and fast. You'll have carne asada tacos, salads, or bowls in no time.
Servings: 6 People
- 2 pounds skirt steaks (the thinner the better)
- for marinade:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- juice of 3 limes
- juice of 1 orange
- 2 cloves garlic,minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper flakes omit if preferred
- Combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Place skirt steak in a bag and pour mixture of top. Make sure all of the meat is well coated. Seal bag and place into the refrigerator for 8-12 hours.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Remove steak from bag and cook for 2-3 minutes per side . If steaks are thicker, cook for 3-5 minutes per side.
- Place cooked steaks onto a cutting board and cut into strips. Serve in tacos, salads, and taco bowls.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days after initial preparation.
Photo by Sabrina Baksh